Introduction: 10 years of WTO membership, where is Viet Nam?
- Brief reminder of the fundamentals of WTO
- Situation of VN today as regards WTO principles and rules (the application of the rules during the transition period: liberalization of trade (political and legal aspects), suppression of barriers (both tariff and non-tariff), evolution of VN’s foreign trade.
- WTO an opportunity but also a threat for developing a sustainable organization
Part 1: Fundamentals of sustainability
- What does sustainability mean?
- How can we design a sustainable organization? (based on ISO 26000)
Part 2: The sustainable organization
- Designing a strategy according sustainable principles
- Designing a structure matching the strategy and making sustainable development possible
- Developing a marketing strategy for sustainability (‘green marketing’)
- Supporting the organization with a long-term financial strategy according to the sustainable principles
13.30 – 14:00: Check in
14:00 – 14:10: Opening
14:10 – 14:30: 10 years of WTO membership review (Prof. Jacques Martin)
14:30 – 15:45: Fundamentals of sustainability (Prof. Jacques Martin)
15:45 – 16:15: Long-term financial strategy (Mr. Tran Thang Long)
16:15 – 16:45: Q&A
16:45 – 17:00: Networking & Closing
Dr Jacques M. A. Martin
Jacques Martin holds a Master in Law and Economics, a Master in English and a PhD in Political Science.
He is a professor at the Université du Sud in France and has taught corporate strategy, quality management and international management in several universities in the UK, the USA, Russia, Vietnam.
He sits on the scientific committee of several specialized journals and is the co-chairman of an international conference on excellence in services held every year in Europe.
He is now the academic director of the Solvay Master in Business Quality and Performance Management Program.
Mr. Tran Thang Long
Mr. Long holds a BA in Finance at National Economics University, a BA in Economics at Australian National University, an MBA at Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management (Vietnam-Belgium Master Programs).
Mr. Long has worked for Bao Viet Securities Company for 2 years, as analyst and Head of Research. From 2009, he works for CTCK BIDV. He is renowned in Vietnam for his expertise and his sharing in corporate finance, securities and investment.
CONFERENCE “DESIGNING A SUSTAINABLE ORGANIZATION”